Sunday 30 September 2012

Scarlett Rocourt of Wonder Curl



Please introduce Yourself!
I’m Scarlett Rocourt, creator of Wonder Curl products for natural hair, Haitian born Jersey girl and lover of pretty things.
How long have you been natural? Did you big chop or transition?
I began my natural hair journey back in 1998. I stopped relaxing for 6 months before doing the big chop. It was the first time my hair was so short and I loved it! After a few months, I began texturizing my hair because I didn’t know what else to do with it. I wasn’t happy with the texturizer and big  chopped a second time. I started blow-drying and flat ironing my hair. My hair became straight and thin from all the heat so I big chopped a third time in June 2006. This was my last big chop and I’ve only straightened my hair a handful of times.
Tell us about Wonder Curl.
Wonder Curl is a line of natural hair products created with the needs of our natural curly hair in mind. Our hair tends to be dryer and not always have defintion or shine. The products deliver definition, softness and shine without weighing the hair down or making it feel greasy. It was paramount that Wonder Curl products work with all textures, helping each individual to achieve their desired style with minimum effort and maximum results.
What inspired the name Wonder Curl?
I was brainstorming different names for a website and Wonder Curl sounded so much fun to me. After I bought the domain name, a friend of mine out of the blue called me a ‘wonder curl’ I knew at that point that it was the right name.
There are many product lines that claim to benefit “natural” or curly hair. What makes Wonder Curl different?
Wonder Curl products only uses ingredients that serves a purpose, whether it’s to strengthen the hair like Virgin Organic Coconut oil or nourish the hair like Neem oil. Since I use the products in my hair, I want my hair to not only look & feel great, but to also grow as strong as possible. The products are also versatile meaning you can use them to achieve any style you’re going for whether it’s a twist out or a wash-n-go and they work great for all textures.
What’s in the future for Wonder Curl?
Right now, Wonder Curl is available in 5 different countries and I’m looking to expand and make Wonder Curl even more accessible to curlies everywhere!
What advice do you have for transitioners, those who are curious about natural hair, or those having difficulty embracing their natural hair?
Using Wonder Curl products helps take the guess work out of what products to use because they all work well in any hair type. If you’re transitioning, the products will help you achieve the styles to keep your hair strong while maintaining a uniform look.
Where can people connect with you?
I’m everywhere!
instagram @wondercurl
facebook @wondercurl
facebook fan page @wondercurlcom
youtube @wondercurlcom
twitter @wondercurl
pinterest @wondercurl
www.wondercurl.com
And at Curls of Joy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for supporting and subscribing to Curls of Joy. We genuinely thank you and appreciate your comments.