The biting cold of winter is definitely here, and as we pull out all those cute coats and scarves, it's important to remember our delicate strands need some extra love and care as well. Deep conditioning is vital no matter what time of the year, but especially during the Fall and Winter months as the temperatures get very low and dry, which can lead to breakage, loss of moisture, and brittle strands. Here are five of my favorite deep conditioners that protect my hair from freezing temps, wind, and dryness in the air.
1. Darcy's Botanicals Deep Conditioning Mask-This mask is great in that has amazing detangling properties as well as leaving my strands smooth and incredibly moisturized even after rinsing it out. Right when I apply it I feel my hair softening up, which is very important since I detangle my curls usually once every two weeks. It leaves a great moisturizing foundation for styling my hair in protective styles as well as wash and gos.
2. Curl Junkie Beauticurls Argan and Olive Daily Hair Conditioner-Although this product is marketed as a daily/rinse out conditioner, it has such amazingly moisturizing ingredients that it actually makes a wonderful deep conditioning treatment. With Argan, Olive, and Jojoba oils, this rich and emollient conditioner effectively coats the strands, protecting them from the elements especially when some is left in the hair after detangling. Not only is this an amazing deep conditioner but it also is one of my favorite leave in conditioners as well! Check out my review on YouTube!
3. MopTop Daily Conditioner-Another gem that is not traditionally marketed as a deep conditioner is this product from MopTop. This thick creamy conditioner has a great mix of honey, aloe vera gel, proteins, and extracts to maintain the proper protein and moisture balance. And the detangling capabilities are out of this world! My hair is left strong, yet soft upon rinsing. Here's my review so that you can get a feel of the consistency and performance.
4. Shea Moisture Purification Mask-This deep conditioner is easily available and has amazing ingredients like Kaolin clay, Neem extract and coconut oil to purify and nourish the hair and scalp. We can't forget our scalp during this frosty weather, which can get dry and flaky in the dry climate. The clay helps to get rid of flakes and remove buildup from the hair as well. Link to my review on this easily accessible wonder is here.
5. Bee Mine Bee-U-Ti-Ful Moisturizing Deep Conditioner-This conditioner gives a great moisturizing base prior to styling. Helps immensely with detangling and provides exceptional moisture that lasts even as the hair is drying. Also nice as a leave in conditioner. Full review here.
Enjoy ladies and I hope this helps you find a great deep treatment to help you get through the next few months and beyond with healthy happy hair!
**~Please visit my YouTube channel for more hair fun and product reviews!
Also feel free to come hang out on Instagram! Username: Curlypad